Cloud-native, cost-effective disaster recovery and business continuity (BCDR) for VMware workloads
Data Protection for All Mission Critical Workloads, Without the Cost.
JetStream DR combines high performance continuous data replication with the low cost of object storage to enable any organization to achieve business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) at a lower cost without compromising performance. JetStream DR was built for the cloud and designed to eliminate the complexity associated with legacy solutions so organizations can easily reap the benefits of cloud-based DR – better performance, more convenient adoption and management, and reduced cost of ownership.
Continuous Data Protection for Near Zero RPO
Real time, hypervisor-based replication for continuous data protection. JetStream DR doesn’t require snapshots, so in addition to providing near-zero RPO and instant RTO, application performance stays high.
Near-zero RPO: Replicate all VM data in real time for continuous data protection, ensuring minimal data loss.
Minimal RTO: Recover and run VMs in minutes to ensure minimal downtime and continuous business operations.
Fault-tolerant replication: Data transfer is resilient to network interruptions, ensuring that VM protection can continue despite interference or outages in the network connection to the recovery site.
80% Greater Economical Efficiency
JetStream DR makes protecting all of your mission critical applications affordable by using:
Object storage as DR target: Replicate and maintain VMs and their data to any S3-compatible object store.
On-demand rehydration: Rehydrate VMs and their data from object storage and deploy them into your runtime infrastructure only when needed for operational recovery. No additional compute needed during normal operations.
Data Capture with IO filters (VAIO) Eliminates Complexity
JetStream DR is integrated with VMware vSphere through vSphere API for IO filters so data intercept and replication run like a native function of VMware vSphere, making it highly compatible with any VMware environment. No agent software is ever installed in the VMs, and VM data is continuously protected for any type of on-premises data store, eliminating a significant complexity when creating hybrid cloud environments.
In your customer’s environment, host filter components are installed from a signed VIB. Protection parameters are administered through a vCenter plug-in and the vSphere Web GUI. Once the solution is configured, administrators can initiate VM protection by simply changing its SPBM storage policy to “protected.”
Rather than requiring agent software inside protected VMs, JetStream DR captures data through IO Filters within VMware vSphere, ensuring compatibility and security for all VMs. The IO filters are deployed, maintained and managed by vSphere, vCenter and vSphere SPBM.
JetStream DR is employs an all-software, hypervisor-level replication technology that can protect VMs running in any type of on-premises infrastructure – SAN, NAS, vSAN, HCI, etc. Your recovery environment can run on any VMware-compatible infrastructure, regardless of your customers’ on-premises architecture.
Cloud Service Optimized
Flexibility to Support a Variety of Use Cases
JetStream DR is purpose-built to enable Service Providers to deliver DR and BC capabilities to customers’ on-premises environments. It is highly configurable to support different availability requirements and use cases:
DR-as-a-Service: Offer full disaster recovery to customers with offsite protection for Business Continuity (BC).
Cloud-to-Cloud DR: Protect applications already running in the MSP cloud using S3 compatible object store.
Direct Recovery: Protect application data and restore back to the on-premises data center when it recovers.
Under the Hood
Click features in the list below to dive deeper into the technology that defines JetStream DR
- JetStream DR is purpose-built to enable Service Providers to deliver DR and BC capabilities to customers’ on-premises environments. Unlike cloud backup solutions, JetStream DR provides Continuous Data Capture for near-synchronous data replication, and near-zero RPOs and RTOs.
- vSphere IO Filters are deployed to each VMware host for continuous data protection of each virtual machine and its data in the protected recovery group. JetStream DR precisely leverages the vSphere APIs for IO Filtering (VAIO) framework to deliver the highest level of application performance while protecting your resources.
- The IO Filter is datastore agnostic; All HCI, vSAN, vVol, etc. are supported. There is no dependency on Cloud DC.
- JetStream DR uses a Flash-Optimized, Low Latency Replication Log deployed on a highly-available, non-volatile memory appliance to ensure the Cloud destination remains a nearly real-time replica of the source without any impact to applications being run on the source.
- Recovery clusters can be provisioned only when needed ("on demand")
provisioned only as needed
- Continuous VM replication to – and recovery from – any S3 compatible object store, including: AWS, S3, Azure Blob Storage, Cloudian, Minio, and others.
to the object store during
- Crash-consistent data pipe for high-throughput, fault-tolerant DC-to-DC data replication.
object store garbage collection
JetStream Software Leads Tectonic Shift in Continuous Data Protection, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
JetStream DR: Cloud-Based Data Protection Delivers Continuous Data Replication for Near-Zero RPO and Near-Zero RTO and Recovery from Object Storage.
SAN JOSE, Calif.
Always On, Always Efficient, Always Protected.
Learn More About JetStream DR for BCDR